Private Investment Promotion Process
The State promotes the participation of private investment through Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) and Asset-Based Projects. .
The PPPs are a modality of private investment participation, in which experience, knowledge, equipment and technology are incorporated, and risks and resources are distributed, preferably private, for the purpose of creating, developing, improving, operating or maintaining public infrastructure and/or providing public services under the contractual mechanisms allowed by the current legal framework.
In the case of Projects in assets, private investment in assets owned by them is promoted through the respective private investment promotion body (Ministries, Regional and Local Governments), under the following schemes.
a) Disposition of assets, which includes the total or partial transfer, including through the exchange of real estate.
b) Contracts of assignment in use, lease, usufruct, surface or other modalities allowed by law.
Legislative Decree N°1362, which approves the promotion of private investment through Public-Private Partnerships and Projects in Assets, and its Regulations approved by Supreme Decree N° 240-2018-EF, indicate that those projects that meet any of the following criteria are assigned to PROINVERSION, in its capacity as a private investment promotion body (OPIP) of the National Government:
- PPP projects of national competence originated by multisectoral state initiatives.
- PPP projects of national competence originated by state initiative that has a total investment cost, or a total project cost, in case they do not contain an investment component, higher than forty thousand (40,000) UIT.
- PPP projects of national competence originated by IPA.
- PPP projects under the jurisdiction of public entities authorized by express law, originated by IPA.
- Projects of all levels of government and public entities authorized by express law originated by IPC.
- Projects developed through the Competitive Dialogue mechanism.
- Projects in Assets of national competence originated by state initiatives that have an investment amount higher than forty thousand (40,000) UIT.
- The Projects in Assets of national competence and the public entities authorized by express law originated by private initiative.
- Projects that by the express legal provision are assigned to PROINVERSIÓN
Origin of Public-Private Partnerships
Public-Private Partnerships originate from state initiative or unsolicited proposal
Classification of Public-Private Partnerships
They can be self-financed or co-financed.
Phases of a Public Private Partnerships
PPPs are developed in five phases: