Lima, August 23, 2021.- The awarding of the project will take place in October and is the most advanced process within the set of four initiatives that make up Ciudad Bicentenario in Ancón.
ProInversión, in charge of the process to award the projected Ancón Industrial Park, revealed to Gestión that so far it has received the interest of 13 companies to develop this state initiative, which will require an investment of US$ 762 million.
The project will be awarded next October, according to officials from the Ministry of the Environment (Minam), they said that the Government is preparing the schedule for this project, which is the one with the highest degree of progress, within the 4 initiatives that make up the megaproject Ciudad Bicentenario, which will cover 8,000 hectares in the district of Ancón.
The future industrial park will occupy 1,338 hectares. within the aforementioned space, and according to the Minister of the Environment, Rubén Ramírez, their contracts are currently being defined.
Of the total investment that this project will require in assets (US$ 762 million), US$ 650 million would include urban development, according to the minister, during his visit to the area where this plan will be developed.
The project will have infrastructure and services with a capacity for about 58,000 producers in the industrial and logistics sector. The development of industrial land -according to ProInversión- will be carried out in 3 phases, to facilitate the fulfillment of investment commitments over a 16-year horizon.
This entity explained to Gestión that it will prequalify interested participants once the deadline for the presentation of envelope No. 1 of the tender is activated, which is subject to the ProInversión board of directors ratifying the approval agreement made by the special investment committee of said institution.
Participants may submit the documentation in envelope 1 for prequalification up to 15 business days after the publication of the final version of the sale and purchase contracts of the land and investment. In addition, 35 business days after such publication, the award will be granted, he detailed.
The other projects
Ciudad Bicentenario includes a total investment that can reach US$ 4,000 million, estimated the Ministry of the Environment (Minam). In addition to the industrial park, it includes a logistics platform to reduce truck traffic to the port of Callao, a residential area of 280 ha, and an area for reforestation (Franja Verde project) of 2,000 ha.
Regarding the residential project, the Minister of Housing, Geiner Alvarado, estimates that it will allow the construction of 32,500 houses for 115 thousand inhabitants, with the support of the programs in its sector.
Regarding the reforestation project, the Minam indicated that they hope to give it in PPP since it will have high profitability in its operation and maintenance phase and they plan to inaugurate a first stage of 32 ha in 2022.
Sectors: Ten ministries participate in the multisectoral project of Ciudad Bicentenario, which is estimated to host 620 thousand inhabitants.
Connection: Ciudad Bicentenario will have 2 future stations Cercanías Train and accesses to the ports of Callao and Chancay.
Studies: The megaproject already has previous soil studies that are the basis for various urban proposals.