The Private Investment Promotion Agency of Peru (PROINVERSIÓN) and the Ministry of Production, with the support of IJGlobal, held the second webinar of the Ancon Industrial Park project, which was aimed to potential investors from America, Asia and Europe.
During the event, the technical, financial and legal aspects of the project were detailed, drawing the attention of its participants: representatives of industrial park developers, industrial real estate developers, port, logistic and investment funds operators, among others.
This huge project, which will create 150,000 jobs, will require an estimated investment of US$ 750 million, and it will be implemented in three stages over a period of 16 years. The total area of the land is 1,338 hectares, and 465 hectares will be used for the development of an industrial property, a technological park, conduction of industrial commerce, truck center and business park.
The Ancon Industrial Park (PIA, for its acronym in Spanish) project was called for international competitive bidding last January, and the contract will be awarded in the third quarter of 2021. The Executive Director of ProInversión, Rafael Ugaz, the Vice-Minister of MSE and Industry of the Ministry of Production, Rosa Ana Balcázar, and the Director of the PIA Project, Roger Incio, participated in this webinar.
The Ancon Industrial Park project is part of the Peruvian State’s strategy to shorten gaps in industrial development and productive articulation and, thus, it has been prioritized in PROINVERSIÓN’s portfolio for this year. “Therefore, PROINVERSIÓN, the Ministry of Production and the Ministry of Economy and Finance have been working intensively, with a clear sense of urgency and responsibility, so as to award the contract of this great project for the benefit of the country,” emphasized the Executive Director of PROINVERSIÓN, Rafael Ugaz.
“The Ancon Industrial Park will be a new pole of socioeconomic development and a productive employment engine in Lima,” commented the Executive Director of PROINVERSIÓN.
Meanwhile, Rosa Ana Balcázar, Vice-Minister of MSE and Industry of Produce, emphasized the importance of the project, which has been structured under the form of Projects in Assets in order to offer industrial and logistics companies an environment facilitating the conduction of their activities by becoming a technological, manufacturing, innovative and sustainable hub.
“We are sure that the promotion of industrial parks as a Government policy is an excellent strategy that will allow the development of production chains through the installation of “driving elements” which will mobilize various groups of companies related to certain production chains and, thus, will generate conditions for the expected growth of the regions,” stated the Vice-Minister of MSE and Industry.
The PIA has been structured to be transferred to the private sector through a land purchase agreement and an investment agreement. The private developer will be responsible for the design, financing, qualification, promotion, management, operation and maintenance of the project.
The main benefits include the following:
- Access of producers and logistic operators to neat industrial areas, with proper infrastructure for the development of their operations.
- Resolution of lack of industrial infrastructure and quality services for the development of productive activities in Northern Lima.
- Promotion of the consolidation of the productive and logistic corridor Lima > Port of Callao > Ancon > Port of Chancay.
- Consolidation of the new development pole promoting urban planning and strengthening social and economic activities in Northern Lima.
- Provisions of an environment for manufacturing companies which will facilitate the performance of their activities, integrating technological innovation with industrial development and promoting productive complementarity.
- Creation of an integrated ecosystem in which large, medium and small-sized companies will develop synergies and new industrial relationships.
Finally, the conditions and requirements to participate in the bidding process, the corresponding schedule of activities and the guarantees to be presented are available to interested parties at ProInversión’s institutional website at link