Lima, June 21, 2021.- Interview with Juan Carlos Rivera, General Manager of Soletanche Bachy Peru.
Soletanche is one of the companies of the French Vinci Group in Peru. Is it like Lima Expresa’s sister?
- That is right. The Vinci group has several branches. One branch is engaged in construction and the other is concessions. We are part of the construction activities, but specialized in works foundations. We are involved in ports, bridges, tunnels, micro-tunnels, dams and other projects.
What projects are you executing nowadays?
- We are currently executing the Lima Metro Line 2; we are working at the stations. This project calls for special wall engineering to eliminate flooding and landslide risks for surrounding homes and to ensure safe excavations.
In addition to the Lima Metro, what other projects are you working on?
- We are working in the expansion of the Jorge Chávez Airport, with the Inri Punku consortium, made up of Sacyr and Aenza (formerly, Graña y Montero). They are in charge of the new runway, which requires a ground upgrade in part of the works. We take care of it using our techniques. We are also working at the Sullana Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), and we are very active in mining.
In what mining projects are you currently participating?
- We are participating in three mining projects at the moment, these are Antamina, Quellaveco and Minsur.
What projects do you currently have in mind?
- We are currently looking to sign our first contract in ports. We are currently participating a bidding for the expansion of the container terminal of DP World (Callao).